Old 01-08-2005, 04:01 PM
JennyC

"Ornata" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Pam Moore" wrote in message

Jenny, I agree with you. That "fragrant" programme was excellent and
she presented it so well. Can't really make any comparison with
Charlie Dymock. I know who I'd rather watch and listen to!

I agree that Carol is a good presenter... when she's on her own (even
if she does seem a little rough on the specimens she plants up). She's
also a good interviewer, asking intelligent questions and expanding on
points made by the person she's talking to. It's when she's stuck with
those other Gardener's World bozos that the whole thing goes horribly
wrong. They all stand around looking uncomfortable, exchanging,
chirpy, scripted banter, wasting the viewers' time. I think the next
series of GW should have a different main guest presenter each week,
and leave them to do their own thing (provided it's plant-related, of
course...).

I totally agree (much as I love Monty.......)
Hope the BBC still pops in here :~)
Jenny