Old 27-11-2002, 01:45 PM
pied piper

Default bald lawn

give it an autum feed this will give the roots a boost also give a light
rake and cut now b4 the frosts start also throw some seed down it may take
"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
"kev" wrote in
:

In August I moved into a new house, the garden was well used, a big
dog and 4 young children had taken it's toll. I thought it was best
just to leave it for the winter and let it rejuvenate, this has worked
to an extent the grass is now nice and thick and green rather than
bald and brown, however round the boarder of the grass next to the
fence it's still bald.

Are there any products that I can use now in the winter to help give
the grass some like?

Think you'd be better leaving it till the spring. The grass won't be

doing
much active growing now, so anything you add won't do a lot of good, and
will probably have washed away by the time it starts into life again.

You may well find that the bald bits that are left will come springing

back
in April anyway. If it were me, I'd give it a gentle mow with the mower

set
high next spring, and sprinkle some extra grass seed on any extra-bald
areas.

Victoria Clare