Old 02-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Romy Beeck

"dicko" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 06:58:53 -0400, "Joe Zorzin" wrote:

You can, if you have a need, also trim live branches. Most conifers will
not
suffer at all with as little as a third of the stem with live branches, as
that's what happens in the forest.

I have a Blue Spruce that has grown tall enough to have its lower
branches impinging into the airspace of my driveway. Every time I
prune one of them back, the branch dies.

Is there a right and wrong way to prune a Blue Spruce?

dickm

Icut off all the branches on my blue spruce about 7ft from the ground so can
walk right under the tree
and have no problem. It looks nice and no mess under the tree. It is a very
large tree and about 50yrs old.