Old 02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Earths_Child

Default Fragrant flowers

I'm new to gardening, and working out lots of things by trial and error.
Got a lovely mini-rose in bloom, but it doesn't compare to the fragrances
given off by a climbing variety that I also have (that recently I've need to
prune back). I live in a built up area and would like plants and flowers
that really give off a scent. I know it's a lot to do with oils, wind and
heat etc. and I'll be adding to the lavendars I've put by the pathway next
year. With the lavendars, I've been able to get the scent, but, I do need to
crouch down - the scent doesn't seem to "hang" as I walk past.

I've got colours and design that is ever changing, but I want to add to that
with a full sensory experience, so I'm into strong, not light fragrances.

Suggestions?