Old 02-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Al Reid

"STEPHEN PEEK" wrote in message nk.net...
Don't go to the bathroom either, especially if you're a guy.
Steve
(speaking from an unforgettable experience)
"~patches~" wrote in message

Does anyone know how to reduce the burn when working with hot peppers?
besides wearing gloves.

My idea would be to try milk. I know milk is suggested to curb the after
burn of eating hot, spicy foods. Sour cream and yogurt are often served
along side of spicy foods so maybe even rubbing your hands with either
will help. Water makes the hot oil spread so it hurts more. I use gloves
myself. From experience do not try to put contacts in until you get all
the hot pepper oil off your hands

I was going to post that same advise myself. You are right, it's unforgettable. I also had it under my finger nails. For about a
week, every time I picked something up I got a little reminder.