Old 02-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Hal

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:35:56 +0100, "Will James"
wrote:

I'm still not certain exactly where I should put the RCD or what kind of
RCD I should get. I currently have a couple of portable RCDs that are just
things that plug into sockets inside that I plug my extension cable into for
using strimmers etc. But as these switch boxes don't have sockets what type
of RCD do I get that would fit to this switchbox?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the hardware available to you. I solved
my problem using an outlet with a GFCI as the first thing on the line
servicing the pond. Everything plugged in the GFCI socket and
connected to the line beyond the GFCI is governed by the device. The
physical location of the device may be inside, or outside in weather
proof boxes, but it must be the first thing in the circuit with
everything you wish it to govern.

Regards,

Hal