Old 02-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Richard Holub" wrote in message
I placed my 4 koi in my new pond three weeks ago and I now have koi fry
swimming around. I decided to pick several of these juveniles and place
them in a fish tank. The rest probably will not survive due to the
predators in the pond.

Question: what should I be feeding these fry for the next month and
trought the winter while in the interior fish tank.

That depends on their size. Liquified hard boiled egg yolks mixed with
ground fish food should keep them until they're large enough to eat tiny
fish foods. Mine liked Betta Bites, crumbled goldfish flakes and such
things until they were large enough to eat the small size koi pellets.
They also like squashed canned peas. Later I'll add catfish pellets to
their menu.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b