Old 02-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Jan Flora

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from Jan Flora contains these words:

I dry loads of yarrow and comfrey every year, for medicinal use.
I just throw a loop over the stems with baler twine and hang it
in the pantry.

Hi again Jan F

Is that for your own use, or on animals? What do you use yarrow for please?

Janet

Gee, I just found this post. *blush*

I dry yarrow & comfrey for our own use. The yarrow goes into an infusion
for my SO's feet, when they get itchy and start to crack between the
toes. (Probably athlete's foot.) Some comfrey goes into that concoction,
too. The comfrey is mostly for sprains/strains/burns (after they've been
soaked with fresh aloe vera, when the burn is new)/etc.

Yarrow has a pretty extensive history of use by Alaska Native people. If
I would clean my office, I would probably find my book that lists all of
the uses that the various Native groups up here have for all of the
"weeds" that grow around the state.

Jan

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.