Old 02-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from FF contains these words:

I've been putting teabags in the compost bin for a couple of years now.
Recently I had to empty a composter as it was in the way of something
else. It hadn't been added to for a good 12 months & I thought it was
probably ok. However .... the bag part of old tea bags and the remains
of cellulose windows in shredded envelopes have made my garden look a
mess.
Granted, adding shredded window envelopes was probably a step too far,
but can someone enlighten me about the tea bags. Leave them in longer?
Take the leaves out of the bag?

We put all our used teabags (different brands) in the compost heap
never to be seen again. I don't know why yours don't decompose..does the
rest of the compost look okay?

I just read yesterday that old envelopes shouldn't be put with
wastepaper for recycling, because the glue and the plastic windows mess
up the works. Oops....

Janet