Old 02-08-2005, 11:47 PM
andrewpreece

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from FF contains these words:

I've been putting teabags in the compost bin for a couple of years now.
Recently I had to empty a composter as it was in the way of something
else. It hadn't been added to for a good 12 months & I thought it was
probably ok. However .... the bag part of old tea bags and the remains
of cellulose windows in shredded envelopes have made my garden look a
mess.
Granted, adding shredded window envelopes was probably a step too far,
but can someone enlighten me about the tea bags. Leave them in longer?
Take the leaves out of the bag?

My mum always rips open the used teabags and scatters the tea leaves direct
onto the garden. She reckons she was fed up with finding mouldy uncomposted
teabags in the compost heap. Granted she may have been running an over-dry
compost heap. The empty teabags don't seem to survive.

Andy.