Old 03-08-2005, 08:26 AM
John

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:14:30 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:11:55 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
How would YOU deal with ants which have nested in a pot containing a
tree?
My solution in the past was to stand the pot in a large bucket of
water, so the pot was completely submerged, and drive out the ants,
and pour the water off when they came to the surface.
A friend has ants in a huge pot containing a fast growing willow!
She has nothing big enough to submerge the pot in, and anyway the pot
is too heavy to lift.
She does not like using chemicals.
Any advice for my friend please? Nothing strenuous as she has ME.

My only other solution in the past was to unpot the tree, wash the
roots clean, and repot in fresh soil, but she would need help to do
that and it's a bit drastic this time of year.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

What about one of those ant baits where they carry the poison

Isn't poison a chemical you prat?

You have such a persuasive way with words, you silver tounged devil.

Pro hunt arseholes bring the best out in people.

I think you'll find, that except for the plasma forming the sun, everything
in the solar system is a chemical. The lady wishes to kill the ants. Unless
she indiscriminately sprays the neighbourhood with insecticide, how she does
it, to a non food plant, will make no difference at all. If she crushes them
with her fingers, they are also made of chemicals.

Yawn.

To the original poster use clove oil, that'll drive the buggers away
and keep them out, also garlic sometimes.

I think you'll find that clove oil is composed of many many chemicals. So
thats worse than the single chemical I suggested.......you prat :-)

Tosser.

And when you use the euphemism 'drive them away' do you think they will be
packing their teeny tiny suitcases and moving? I doubt it somehow.
FWIW garlic is also composed of chemicals as well, but gets rid of vampires,
not ants*. I suppose you were too busy firebombing Huntingdon Research to
pay attention in class or watch Buffy?

Dear me haven't upset pro hunt nut have I?

No sense killing things just because you don't like them or there'd be
a few missing on this group for sure.

LOL. So you *do* think the ants will be packing their teeny tiny suitcases
and moving? AH, bless.

For most of us ants, slugs, snails etc are really not a problem in our
gardens, we happily live side by side with nature. It's only arseholes
like you that appear to have trouble living with anything including
yourselves.