Old 03-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Ethan Smith

I have mine in the middle of my garden on a small bench, that way I
enjoy them with the rest of my garden and they ad nice visual
interest.

I'm not sure that what everyone said was discouraging you from putting
them in with your plants. Just make sure they are slightly elevated on
something. Bricks or concrete blocks work pretty well if you can't
build a bench or platform.

I had a really bad Aphid outbreak this year in my garden, my first one
since buying my house 5 years ago, and they didn't spread to my
bonsai. I was able to control them with a good blast of water from the
hose twice a day. So don't be too afraid of putting them close to your
garden plants. Just make sure if you see any sign of disease and or
pestilence in your garden plants that you take proper steps to rid
yourself of it before it becomes a major problem.

-Ethan

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++