Old 03-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Brent

Yes, I can see that happening, but to add flavour to a winter gumbo, I think
I may take my chances...

Thanks
wrote in message
oups.com...
Brent wrote:
I just got them for 84 cents a pound (cdn) and bought about ten pounds,

they
normally go for 1.99

Can I just dice them and put them in a ziploc bag?

Their primary use would be for spaghetti sauce and gumbos etc.

Thanks in advance

Hi Brent

I have frozen peppers when they are cheap to use in casseroles, soups
etc and find them excellent. I cut them in half, scoop out the seeds,
free flow them for later use. However, when they defrost they are quite
soggy and soft so not so good in anything when you want them raw.

Sue