Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Broadback

Defoe wrote:
I have a bit of land at the back of my house that was bought recently. It
has a few trees in it and I think the new landowner wants to cut them down.
Whats the score about tree preservation orders?

Pics at the link below, Myself & my neighbours really don't want to lose
these trees.

http://www.btinternet.com/~david.def...den/garden.htm

Thanks

Anyone can apply to the council for a tree preservation order to be
imposed. They then usually impose a short term order, then on
investigation decide if it should stay of be rescinded.
Be aware though that tree preservation orders are very restrictive. For
example if the tree canopy is over your property you have to apply to
the council for permission to do any work beneath that canopy, such as
erect a shed, or make a pond. Of course TPOs do not apply to the
council themselves, or rich developers, the latter simply ignore them
and pay the fines, they can afford them!
--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.