Old 03-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Mike Lyle

Sue Begg wrote:
In message

ws.net,
Oxymel of Squill writes
there's an EU regulation which prohibits tea bags being composted

by
local authorities because they're classed as animal products.

actually behind the expected EU silliness is the suggestion that

if
tea bags have been in the cup with milk then any dairy disease

might
be transferred to the compost. But if you take out the bag before
adding the milk there shouldn't be a problem

Can we watch while they test them all - one by one of course :-))
It could provide a lovely job description for someone

So you don't mind if we get another epidemic of animal disease for
lack of simple precautions? If you _do_ mind, perhaps you could draw
up a more practical set of regulations. Most of the time, it won't
hurt you a bit if the chefs chop vegetables on the meat choppping
board: but I doubt if you'd change that rule.

--
Mike.