Old 03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
"Cereus-validus......." wrote:

If they still haven't produced new leaves, they might be dead.

If a young twig snaps when you bend it and is dry inside, its a good
indication the tree is dead.

Another indication a tree is dead is if there is no new root growth.

"Darryl" wrote in message
oups.com...
I planted two bare-root sugar maple trees (3-4' high) about 3-4 weeks
ago, & they still haven't shown a sign of green.

How long should I wait for leaf buds before concluding that they died?

I agree flexibility is a good sign not only in plant both with humans.
We always bend branches and if they snap get ready to remove but my
other half tells me to wait a year. ) I'm prone to seek out and
kill borers with no mercy and have been known to feed them to my fish.
Bag worms ....you don't want to know.

Aside

I shot them with my BB Gun HA Ha Ha Ha hhhhhhh (insane laugh)

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 in a Japanese Jungle manner.
This article is posted under fair use rules in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, and is strictly for the educational and informative purposes.