Old 03-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

I used to draw water from a small foot-deep hole in the ground at

the
foot of a brae. The hole was lined with stones, and the water was
usually a lovely shade of deep Cairngorm. (Coloured like Glen Grant

or
Linkwood if it had been *VERY* wet.)

With one of those dippers -- a bowl on a handle? I remember that
drill from some Youth Hostels in Scotland and Ireland in the
'fifties. I bought a little house in the hills in Wales which at the
time only had that system in the 'sixties. Happy days!

We used a jug.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/