Old 03-08-2005, 09:26 PM
David Sim

Thanks for all the advice chaps - It looks like although opinions are
divided it's worth a go, so..... I'll build the pond & let you know the
results...... I hadn't taken into account Glacial movement or earth
friction - I was more worried about the (hopefully) large Mirrors & Leathers
being strong enough to nudge the sides !!!!

Thanks again

David

"David Sim" wrote in message
Morning all

I'm building a part raised pond - 9' x 6' - hole is dug to 4' & I'm
planning on raising the dges by another 20" or so using railway sleepers.
I think new ones will be better, cleaner & easier to use, but does anyone
have any thoughts on securing them to the ground.

Will a frame of sleepers secured with heavy duty brackets be strong enough
to hold the additional 20" of water?

Cheers