Old 29-11-2002, 10:06 AM
Chris

Default Caterpillars are amazing!

In article , Janet Galpin and Oliver
Patterson writes
The message ]
from Chris ] contains these words:

Caterpillars are still eating my broccoli.
I've just picked a few off and thrown them a long way away.
But I was amazed that there were any still about.
How long do they go on for?
Presumably they freeze solid eventually?

I haven't looked for a week or so, but I had the same experience of
finding them and feeling surprised in about mid-November.
I'm sure they usually disappear earlier. Lack of hard frost, I imagine.

The nice thing about growing broccoli is that the problems have all
disappeared by the time you're eating it. So you don't have to spray at
all.
I let the caterpillars eat most of the leaves and it doesn't seem to
matter.
The plants still survive. Have others found this?
--
Chris