Old 03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Mike Lyle

Graham Harrison wrote:
[...]
this (and by definition petrol) there is no cable. You can go

round
and round, if you want, in ever decreasing circles. Not having to
manhandle the mower down to an edge, turn it round and then up to

the
next edge, turn, back etc. And, apart from my mechanical malaise

that
was one of the other reasons why I turned against petrol; I failed

understand the freedom from cable bit and assumed my mowing pattern
would be the same and that trying to turn around a heavy petrol

mower
was going to be a pain. I'm quite happy with the decision I made
but at least one of my reasons for not buying petrol turned out to

be
a non reason.

[...]

A note on this. I, too, mow round in "bouts", farmer-style. But it
may be a good idea to alternate the direction and vary the starting
point: I found that if I went clockwise every time it established an
uneven pattern, which showed. This may not arise for everybody, of
course.

--
Mike.