Old 28-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Oxalis tuberosa anyone?

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in
:

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:00:20 +0000, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

did you perhaps mean Poyntzfield with a 'y'?, whose web site can be
found at
http://www.poyntzfieldherbs.co.uk/?

Yes, that's the one.

How many tubers did you get for the money?

Dunno what Hussein got, but their prices for Camassia Esculenta tubers seem
much more reasonable than elsewhere, so thanks Hussein - good spot!

Rock Samphire - anyone here grown it? what sort of conditions will it
tolerate? I've wanted some of this for years, but I'm not sure it would
like my damp mossy garden, as I associate it with seaside cliffs.

And can you actually grow cardamoms from, well, cardamoms from a spice pot,
or do you need special seed as per the catalogue? I am a big cardamom fan,
so if the leaves smell like the seeds, I shall soon be acquiring a new
house plant one way or the other. . .

Victoria

--
Victoria Clare
gardening high up in South East Cornwall