Old 04-08-2005, 03:04 PM
jadel

Henry Bubkis wrote:
"jadel" wrote in message
oups.com...

Henry Bubkis wrote:
Has anyone done this before?

I'm inheriting a large fishtank that I want to turn into a terrarium and
would like to combine some of my tropical pitcher plants as well as other
tropical plants and african violets with the orchids in a natural setting
terrarium.

Are there any problems ....

You bet. The vast majority of orchids require good ventilation and
excellent drainage.

Why does that preclude them growing in a terrarium?

For ventilation and beneficial air movement I use a small computer fan in
the top of the tank.

Why didn't you mention that in the first place?

Technically you can grow anything from extremely arid plants to bog plants
in a terrarium as long as you can keep the climate to their satisfatcion.

So you were looking for affirmation, not advice.

J. Del Col