Old 04-08-2005, 12:44 PM
David

On 4 Aug 2005 01:07:00 GMT, "Harry" :7501 wrote:

David wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:47:39 -0700, JGW wrote:

I have read that it's impossible to keep the
pond clean with rocks on the bottom, and that they can trap hydrogen
sulfide gas.

What are your thoughts?

I have been considering this as one possible solution: Has anyone
tried, or know of anyone who has tried using a *well-controlled*
water-blast wand, (using pressurized pond water), to roil up any
settled mulm around the rocks, which would then be pulled out through
the bottom drain? This would only be done perhaps once or twice a
year, and would of course be expected to temporarily load up the
filters, etc. But it seems that this might be one way to permit one
to rock the bottom. Any opinions, thoughts?

Hello,
Mother Nature doesnot function on "once or twice a year", she functions on
minute by minute when it comes to water. Youare going to have to make up
your mind: are you operating a pond or a cesspool. Fresh water flow MUST
be introduced constantly, and that is all she wrote . . . You want to teach
your fish to live in a cesspool fine, however "enzymes" are what they use
to keep cesspools functioning, and if you are using those "enzymes" youare
operating a cesspool, not a "pond". I would run a simple hose to the bottom
of the cesspool 00ps pond and let the water trickle in 24/7/365. An occasional
"storm" (hurricane every Fall) would "move" the slop up and out (over-flowing
onto land) (you, of course, being the "storm"). And, yes, put lots of huge
rocks on the bottom and all around the pond, as it may help slow down the
soil erosion, thus prevent your house from being sucked into the pond.

I see that I have tweaked one of the trolls.
Aw, well ... another 2 millisecond update to my killfile.
How many minutess did it take you to construct your above rant?
Sorry, Harry... {PLONK}