Old 04-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Lynda Thornton writes:

| Can anyone tell me the approx diameter and height of a 7 litre pot? I
| would like to have an idea before I order something in case it is too
| large and heavy to move easily!

Typical compost/soil has a specific gravity of between 1 and 2.

Remember that a litre of water weighs a kilogram, a litre is
a 10 cm cube and the area of a circle is about 3/4 of the area
of a square with the same side as the diameter.

A 7 litre pot will be c. 30 cm (1') across and will weigh from
7 to 14 Kg (15 to 30 pounds), depending on wetness etc.

[ Corrected for brain-rot - ignore a previous response. ]

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.