Old 04-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Chuck

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 00:19:27 -0400, "Mark Mitchell"
wrote:

If you have Bermuda, the recommendation is river bottom sand.

Charleston or St. Augustine turf prefers the course orange or play sand.

That's what I recall, the river bottom sand can probably be used on
anything.

"Chuck" wrote in message
.. .
I'm in South Carolina Columbia area,
I'm needing to fill some low spots prior to spot seeding with
centipede. What should I use? I've bought those bags of "topsoil"
before and they had so much bark and "stuff" in them nothing would
grow.
Areas of my lawn are clay and others sand.
I understand that you don't want to use the wrong kind of sand.. but I
don't remember which kind to avoid..
Yes I've tried googling...

Any clues?

Thanks for the info.