Old 29-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Adrian

Default Caterpillars are amazing!

Hi Chris

The nice thing about growing broccoli is that the problems have all
disappeared by the time you're eating it. So you don't have to spray at
all.
I let the caterpillars eat most of the leaves and it doesn't seem to
matter.
The plants still survive. Have others found this?

Yes - same situation here.
Caterpillars happily munching on the leaves of the purple sprouting -
but, by the time we come to eat the sprouts the pests will be long gone.

I showed the caterpillars to the bantams - but they didn't seem interested!

Gave some purple sprouting plants to a neighbour last year - cropped well - asked
this year if they's like some more. Answer "No thanks - my husband got too
stressed trying to keep the caterpillars off them".

Odd ideas some people have about gardening, don't they?

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK