Old 04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Mike Patterson

I vote No Rocks.

I do, however, have several large rocks to keep the bottom weighted
down.

Before I did so, a heavy rain would cause the liner to float up, then
when the rain quit the pond would be several inches low.

When cleaning the nasty sludge in the spring, gravel would make it
almost impossible.

my two cents worth, good luck.
Mike

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:47:39 -0700, JGW wrote:

We're getting ready to build our new pond. The contractor wants to
line the walls and bottom with rocks, which he says will serve as a
great huge biofilter. I have read that it's impossible to keep the
pond clean with rocks on the bottom, and that they can trap hydrogen
sulfide gas.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Joan

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin