Old 05-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Dan

Default New CO2 system

To the group:
I have just set up a new CO2 system in my tank. There were absolutely no
directions with the setup I ordered so I winged it and hope it works. Here
is what I have: a 5 lb. cylinder of CO2; a 200 reactor, a SMS 122 ph
controller, a bubble counter which is attached in line with the regulator.
My ph was 8.4 and is now at 7.6 and hopefully dropping to the recommended
setting of 7.0. My water KH is 8 degrees. I have no idea how much CO2 is
entering the tank and have no idea how it is measured. Do you count the
total amount of bubbles in the bubble counter per minute? I have NO idea.

I also have the CO2 solenoid plugged into a timer which shuts off the
solenoid at about 8:00 p.m. and then turns on again at 7:00 a.m. Is that
right how it is hooked up and is the timer set about right? Plants are
arriving tomorrow.

Can the group please advise whether or not I am on the right track and have
hooked this system up correctly?

Dan