Old 04-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Are people in Pittsburgh really that dumb?

If the critter has between 10 and 20 legs, it most certainly isn't a "bug".

Insects always have six legs. No more, no less.

Run for the hills, its a crustacean!!!

Its commonly incorrectly called a "sow bug" or a "pill bug", probably by someone from Pittsburgh.

"Don and Marcy" wrote in message news:XRuIe.9948$GN5.1018@trndny08...
Hi Everyone,

There are zillions of these bugs in our yard under bricks and stones and also next to concrete walls and the sidewalk. Can you help us identify them and control them? Any help would be very much appreciated. The bug is about 1/4" long with between 10 and 20 legs. We are in Pittsburgh, PA in the US. Here are links to two pictures:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/donand...et_-_Belly.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/donand...lmet_-_Top.JPG

Thanks,

--