Old 04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Stephen Henning

"sago" wrote:

My yard was flooded by a stormsurge during the last hurricane. My
azaleas were under 3-4 feet of sal****er for most of one day. Now the
leaves are turning brown. What care could I give them to salvage them,

Probably a funeral. Azaleas and most "acid loving plants" are sodium
sensitive and salt usually kills them. I would think that totally
removing all soil and replacing with good clean soil in an elevated bed
might be the only hope of saving them, but not really much hope.

If they are already dead, I would not use the salt water contaminated
soil for azaleas. I would either use a raised bed with new soil or
containers with new soil.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6