Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 PM
chaz

"Henry Bubkis" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message

For ventilation and beneficial air movement I use a small computer fan
in the top of the tank.

Henry,
Dumb question, but what do you do about power? All my computer fans have
small leads which attach to the PS of the PC.

I'm sure you, like everyone who has owned cell phones and electronics,
have extra useless dc power supplies lying around. All you have to do is
find one that has the correct output and match it to a fan, or like me,
visa versa. The output is usually stamped into the plastic housing of the
transformer and the power req for the fan is listed on the outside of the
fan. Just snip the plug off the ends of each and solder them together.
It's simple.

Optimally you will also add a simple reostat to vary the speed. They can
be found in electronic stores for next to nothing.

The same setup also works for providing some air movement to stimulated
seedlings if you ever start seeds indoors. A herp radiant heater or a
small dog or cat bed warmer completes the package.

Hope that helped.

thanks

chaz

Henry,
I guess I am a complete moron, but i dont have whatever it takes to run a
fan. I do have many PC fans in my office, but what can i purcahse to run
them? How long will a battery last?

I appreciate the help