Old 29-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Michael Berridge

Default What's in bloom?

Janet Baraclough wrote in message

In our almost empty new Arran garden,(no frost yet), only one thing;

pink escallonia.
In the pots that moved with us; a dark hellebore is budding well, and
a viburnum is open.
Gardens round about; purple and white hebes, and many fuschias.

Also now spotted that Fuschia Autumnale has still got a few flowers on
it here. Plenty of daisies in the lawn, and an outdoor tomato ahs just
started a new shoot.

Thinking of winter colour I am amazed that very few garden programmes
use Calicarpa, ours is a picture, the berries last all winter and are
visible all over the garden. I was reminded of this seeing a programme
today on TV which was going to use the plant, the first time I've ever
seen it mentioned.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk