Old 30-11-2002, 01:45 AM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Growing Thistels from seeds

In article , Hussein M.
writes

Anyway. I just wanted to add to these observations concerning
nomenclature that there may well be a _really_ grand re-ordering of
this when they start classifying according to DNA and individual
genes. It's already begun to happen hasn't it?

Yes, but Asteraceae/Compositae seems to be one of the more robust bits
of the classification (excepting the past dismemberment of
Chyrsanthemum). For an overview see

URL:http://www.mobot.org/MOBOT/Research/...ers/asteralesw
eb.htm#Asteraceae

Elsewhere, not only has Liliaceae been chopped into lots of little
pieces, as previously proposed, but it's spread across two orders (into
one of which Orchidaceae is sunk).

Or for my summary on Malvaceae, see

http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvace.../overview.html
http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvace...ttneriina.html
http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvace...alvatheca.html

tho' I haven't incorporated recent data on Hibiscus, Pavonia, etc.

I stumbled across a suggestion that Veronica will swallow Hebe and
Parahebe yesterday evening.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley