Old 05-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Darin Clapp

chaz wrote:

Ok, I have a fan from my PC that came off the preocessor chip. It says its a
12vDC motor. Am I to understand i can splice this to an old cell phone
charger to power it? It has 3 wires, i would think the charger will have 2,
so what about wire #3?

chaz

The third wire is a sending wire to send RPM information to the
computer. You cont need to worry about hooking it to anything.
Depending on the size of the fan it will move 10 - 50 cfm. Not a lot of
movement, but a couple are usually sufficient in an enclosed case to
keep the air flow up. If your plants are in a larger area that is open,
I'd suggest a bugger box type fan to keep the air moving.

Darin