Old 05-08-2005, 08:47 PM
chaz

"Darin Clapp" wrote in message
chaz wrote:

Ok, I have a fan from my PC that came off the preocessor chip. It says its
a 12vDC motor. Am I to understand i can splice this to an old cell phone
charger to power it? It has 3 wires, i would think the charger will have
2, so what about wire #3?

chaz

The third wire is a sending wire to send RPM information to the computer.
You cont need to worry about hooking it to anything. Depending on the
size of the fan it will move 10 - 50 cfm. Not a lot of movement, but a
couple are usually sufficient in an enclosed case to keep the air flow up.
If your plants are in a larger area that is open, I'd suggest a bugger box
type fan to keep the air moving.

Darin

OK,
the fan has a red, yellow, and black wire. Any idea which is the RPM?