Old 30-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default What's in bloom?

The message
from "Michael Berridge" contains these words:

Thinking of winter colour I am amazed that very few garden programmes
use Calicarpa, ours is a picture, the berries last all winter and are
visible all over the garden. I was reminded of this seeing a programme
today on TV which was going to use the plant, the first time I've ever
seen it mentioned.

I gave up on mine because the berries were so sparse in the years
after it left the company of others in the garden centre, and I wondered
if it needed them for fertilisation. Is yours self-fertile, or are there
others nearby?

Janet.