Old 06-08-2005, 04:45 AM
embertr

Thanks Dwayne, I'll check it out. It's odd but today I had one berry that
was as sweet as jam. That's not consistent though. Oh well, better luck
next year.

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 04:50:05 -0500, Dwayne wrote:

Check out the soil pH. We moved some blackberries from Arkansas (acidic) to
Kansas (neutral) and they weren't sweet and lost their flavor. We may try
lowering the pH next year, but it was very disappointing.

Dwayne

"embertr" wrote in message
news
I've left a few of my radishes to go to seed. They produce great flowers
and now have some seed pods. Do I wait until the plant dies and then
harvest the pods for planting next year?

Also, I moved my strawberries patch this year and the few berries that are
growing are either tasteless or EXTREMELY tart. Along with this my
lettuce is bitter. Is there some difficiency in my soil that might
account for this? Will my strawberries ever taste sweet again or do I
have to start over next year?

dazed and confused in calgary....