Old 06-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Robert

"Ron" wrote in message
: As a newbie gardener I have recently planted a young small Goldcrest
conifer
: in a large pot. My friend, who is a more experienced gardener says that
the
: pot is to big and that the conifer will die. In my confessed ignorance I
am
: unable to see why this should be the case?
: Any comments/ advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
:
That is nonsense. I think what your friend is alluding to is that any plant
should not be in too big a pot as the compost on the outer edges will
stagnate or rot but in the case of a conifer, that shouldn't harm the plant