Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Bill

On 8/3/05 11:38 PM, in article ,
"embertr" wrote:

Along with this my
lettuce is bitter. Is there some difficiency in my soil that might
account for this?

I have had bitter lettuce also... I figure it to be a lack of water and/or
high temperatures that make lettuce want to bolt=go to seed. My thinking is
any plant that grows fast will be sweet....you may want to give the lettuce
more water and when it gets hot....just cool it down by spraying a
'mist'...I have just quickly used a watering can to spray enough water to
just dampen the lettuce leaves... Just the leaves...then water heavily after
a little while. It does seem to work.
Bill
PS: Have a nice Sunday.