Old 06-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

I'll try to, if I may. ;-) The advice from Mike Lyle is the best offered
and the best explanation. He is absolutely correct.
As you're a newbie gardener, I hope you will find urg the excellent source
of information it is to both newbies and the highly experienced. But you
will need to 'filter' the answers for a while to see who really knows what
they're talking about and who doesn't! Over-potting (e.g. Too large a pot)
can indeed kill plants off. It's not inevitable but it is a danger.

I gave a small bay tree the freedom of a small planter and it sulked. A
couple of years later I wanted the planter for something else and
repotted the bay in a seven inch pot, (since it wasn't playing fair...)
and it soon perked up, and in a year has doubled its size.

The two lemons I overpotted are enjoying the experience though.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/