Old 30-11-2002, 02:56 PM
anon.

Default frogs over winter?

We live in a typical victorian terrace house with a rear walled garden. A
few years ago, we found a frog in the garden when we were digging out a old
'ornamental' pond dish type container which the previous occupent had left
behind. The frog has since moved comfortably into a our new pond. My
question is, what do frogs do over winter, we never see it & sometimes when
we clear up the leaves during or after autumn, we find the frog under a pile
of leaves in the garden. Do we leave a pile of leaves for it to spend winter
in? and also how old do they live to?. Any advice to help keep the frog safe
& well is much appreciated.

Anna.