Old 06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Bill Stock

"John H." wrote in message
news

Well I emailed JBJ and once again they are telling me to use "2" yes two
washers??!! They said for where it was leaking it has to be connected to
the tank wrong.
I tinkered with the fitting and tightened the female coupling to the tank
fairly tight and so far so good.
Will keep a close eye on it.
thanks

John,

I just got my tank refilled and reattached the regulator. But this time I
used the washer from the old regulator. I got this washer from the fire
extinguisher place. It is much softer than the washers from JBJ and actually
deforms when you tighten the coupling. It also has a larger surface area
(less hole) and seems to make a better seal. I tested the seal with bubble
soap (Catnip flavoured :-) ) and it seems OK so far. Hopefully the leak is
not in the regulator itself.

Good Luck.