Old 06-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Bob H

There are 2 different solutions I am aware of, I am sorry but the names
escape me at the moment (getting old sucks btw) one is made with mint
(smells nice, is the most expensive @$12 for 16 oz) and is quite effective,
the other is made with diaotomiacious earth (I think) cheaper but leaves a
white residue on the plants & works more slowly....the overspray of neither
one will hurt the fish (been there, done that) the third less effective
option is to remove all the dead growth, and scrapethe bugs off the living
leaves off into a plastic bag, seal the bag, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat
:-) did I mention it is the most time and labor intensive...

"paul" wrote in message
Was doing some reading on these insects but don't understand as a
defensive measure,how one would spray the floating plants and not getting
spray into the water and harm fish.All it is, if i'm correct, is soap
diluted with water, right? Thanks.........