Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Tim Ahlen

Default [IBC] Air layering question for my hot weather friends

Greetings All,

I've been off list for awhile but am back now. I started an air layer early
in the spring on a Japanese maple. It now has at the air layer site more
than enough roots to support the tree, and it has put out a new flush of
growth in the last three weeks. Question is... should I wait until Fall or
next Spring to chop off the bottom of the tree? Or can I do it now? I'm in
Dallas and will be enjoying (?) 99+/- degree temps for the next few weeks--
assuming it doesn't get hot!

Blessings,

Tim Ahlen

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++