Old 06-08-2005, 10:52 PM
John Savage

GK writes:
Any ideas?

Yes, I have 5 ideas and they are all the same: my Mum's beef chow mein!
It's delicious and uses lots of cabbage but you truly wouldn't know it.

Beef Chow Mein (Beef Chou Mein)
--------------

One and a half pounds of minced steak.
quarter teaspoon curry powder,
3 medium onions,
one and a half or two packets soup powder "Creme of Chicken Soup",
3 sticks celery,
half a pound of green string beans (with string removed),
three quarters of a large tender cabbage,
salt to taste (very little)
4 cups water.

Prepare onions, celery, beans & cabbage by chopping or slicing.

Fry mince and onions, Add curry and soup powders pre-mixed with the
water. Lastly, add remaining vegetables and cook three quarters of
an hour in an electric wok or fry pan with lid on, stirring often to
prevent burning.