Old 07-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Scooter the mighty

"Tim Ahlen" wrote in message
news:!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAA AAeIPBI7z3TEqC4sx6ciHdSsKAAAAQAAAAH5_38Fp3sUi7+jAB ...
Greetings All,

I've been off list for awhile but am back now. I started an air layer
early
in the spring on a Japanese maple. It now has at the air layer site more
than enough roots to support the tree, and it has put out a new flush of
growth in the last three weeks. Question is... should I wait until Fall
or
next Spring to chop off the bottom of the tree? Or can I do it now? I'm
in
Dallas and will be enjoying (?) 99+/- degree temps for the next few
weeks--
assuming it doesn't get hot!

Blessings,

Tim Ahlen

I'm just a rookie at this myself, but I'd wait until the fall. I haven't
had great luck planting stuff in the middle of summer, and it doesn't get
anywhere near that hot where I live.