Old 07-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Roy

While its usually agreed on that rocks in the bottom of a loi or GF
pond is not a good idea, its strange that rocks in a sal****er setup
is good, and bio balls are not desireable in the filter, but its the
trend to remove bio balls and filter type mats and just put in more
live rock rubble in their place........I probably has to do with the
type of rocks normally used in SW setups as compared to what is used
in a fish pond........I wonder how long its going to be until LFS //
Pond Suppliers etc start selling "Live Rock" for koi ponds.

Ponders do basically the same thing but in a different environment
with lava rock and trickle towers that live rock in a SW setup does by
being totally submerged.......

"The original frugal ponder"