Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Sue Begg

In message , Martin Brown
writes
Andy Atkinson wrote:

I recently dug up my lawn and put gravel down with pots over the top.
I used weed-proof fabric but it seems to have doen little good with
things sprouting through it.
Can anyone recommend something to kill the weeds underneath? Needs
to be fairly powerful.

What sort of weeds are punching through the weed proof fabric? I
haven't seen any that could get through the stuff I put down in my
mother in laws garden. Even the toughest thistles could only get out
after finding a seam or a planting hole.

I can believe bamboo might puncture it, but not much else.

Regards,
Martin Brown

I have had couch grass come through it, but it was cheap fabric and so
probably a bit flimsy
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply