Old 07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Sacha

On 7/8/05 12:42 pm, in article , "H
Ryder" wrote:

Sorry if this seems irrelevant to gardening but it is the garden producing
the problem
I have a garden full of fruit which I'd like to bottle. Someone has lent me
a "device" (urn-type-thing) to do this in but I'm struggling to source some
bottles or jars. Does anyone know where I can get hold of bottles or
preserving jars for this? TIA,
Hayley

I bought Kilner jars from a local ironmonger's shop two years ago, so you
could try that. Or you could do a Google search.
Don't be tempted into using big containers left over from somewhere-or-other
because once you open them, you will have to gobble up the contents very
quickly! Of course, you could always hang out at the local glass skip and
ask people for their old jam jars, pickle jars etc. before they chuck them.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)