Old 07-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Sacha

On 7/8/05 4:50 pm, in article ,
"pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote:

-- "Sally Thompson" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:42:26 GMT, "H Ryder"
wrote:

Sorry if this seems irrelevant to gardening but it is the garden

producing
the problem
I have a garden full of fruit which I'd like to bottle. Someone has lent

me
a "device" (urn-type-thing) to do this in but I'm struggling to source

some
bottles or jars. Does anyone know where I can get hold of bottles or
preserving jars for this? TIA,

I assume you are talking about actual preserving jars, rather than jam
jars. You can get them from Lakeland Limited:
www.lakelandlimited.co.uk
and this is the particular link (watch the word wrap):

http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bi...re/en/-/GBP/Di
splayProductInformation-Start;sid=sEEITv1ZuEqUVr-vtvQESFWZDfQdPGwQ30I=?Product
ID=TEbCy5OSAHIAAADmiCa2gFhP

If the link doesn't work, search for items 3813 or 3814. They do mail
order, and the jars are 6 for £10.75 (half litre) or 6 for £11.95 (1
litre). For bottling fruit, I personally recommend you buy the proper
jars like this rather than use ordinary jam jars, but that's up to you
of course.

I'd be interested to know why one should use 'proper' (and expensive) jars
instead of ordinary jars.

I don't think the OP asked for 'proper' or expensive. She just asked for
jars and Lakeland was one suggested source, that's all.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)